I am super excited to share today’s post, which is our Holiday Tablescape for 2012! Inspired by the Winter Peacock dreamboard I posted on Monday, this setting showcases a layering of blues and greens with gold, against a white backdrop.
When designing I often like to minimize sharp color contrasts. For example I’m far more likely to do off-white with charcoal grey than I am to do white with black. Pairing the deep blue velvet runner with the clean white tablecloth, however, was key to the tablescape design here, and I love the crispness.
Aged turquoise pottery and a wild assortment of pale green stems keeps this table feeling very me. I think these details soften the whole look and give it a more unique feeling. Jill spray painted the champagne glass stems gold for an added bit of detail. I created the menus by reducing opacity on a beautiful peacock painting image I found on Pinterest and adding the text over top.
Speaking of menus, I of course have opinions about what to serve at a soiree styled such as this. Here are the recipe links for you. Here’s to a beautiful holiday meal for you and yours!
Holiday 2012 Menu
- Snow White Cosmo created Ted Stampoulous of Martini Bar & Bistro in Millburn
- Salty Black-and-White Sesame Cocktail Cookies
- Za’atar-Spiced Beet Crostinis with Goat Cheese and Hazelnuts
- Butternut Squash Rosti Cakes
- Bibb Lettuce with Warm Vegetable Vinaigrette
- Spinach and Gruyere Souffles
- Roasted Vegetable Galette
- Vanilla and Cranberry Panna Cotta Parfaits
- Almond Chocolate Coffees