1. Try an off the shoulder top for off-handed beach style when you want to cover up. I love this option here, and you can’t beat the price!
2. Pre-style your hair with beachy waves if you just want to take a walk, sunbathe, or ponder like the lovely brooding chick in this pic. Try Apres Beach by Oribe.
3. Don a pair of wide leg summery pants with a wide cut tank for evenings eating at your favorite beach side restaurant. This is a classic summer silhouette that is a longtime favorite of mine. Perfect pant options are here and here.
4. Flat “sightseer” sandals will save the day by looking great with everything.
5. Sarong it! Wear a large scarf as a beach cover up. Fold in half crosswise to get the shorter look. Love this one here.
6. Cat-eye sunglasses are uber-cool. Here’s the pair I’m going to be picking up.
8. Keep a stack of books on hand. They are always the best “accessory.”
8. I’m totally all about the coverage of the brief style bottoms. They make for a beautiful silhouette on the beach.
9. If there is one new piece you must add to your summer wardrobe this year it is a straw fedora. No question.
10. Stripes are everywhere this summer and they always look especially fresh with floral patterns. Mix your look up with a floral one-piece.
11. A classic cover up.
12. A classic beach tote. You will use these for as many years as they hold up and then still want to replace them afterwards.
Hope these beach style tips inspire some good investments for summer “cool.”