I’ve finally started my list of things I want to wear this fall. It’s not long, but it’s very versatile. Here are 16 pieces I want, and some thoughts on how I’d wear them. On the dressier side:
1. This black blazer from Madewell had to be on my list. It can be thrown over everything to keep you warm and chic. I love the idea of wearing with sequins to give a party piece a work appropriate feeling.
2. A sequined skirt in a slim shape would give that something special to a great tee and cozy sweater.
3. I’m seriously coveting this Philip Lim top. It’s the best of both worlds in a sweatshirt with panels that read as a silky blouse. I’d dress it up with pleated pants.
4. Lovely pleated pants can look so of-the-moment when they have the right silhouette. This pair by French Connection is well near perfect.
5. A foiled dress can stand out on its own or be dressed down by tossing a sweater over top, giving it the feel of a skirt.
6. A gorgeous two-tone pump will give any outfit a polished, well-dressed feel.
7. This faux fur coat from DKNY is a wow. It would be the perfect statement piece to pull on before heading to a party, and it can also work great with jeans and a tee.
8. A skirt in this light color feels oh so elegant, and would go with everything, including tall boots to keep you cozy in the cold.
On the more casual side, the list goes like this:
1. This chunky knit sweater will likely be the piece I’d wear the most through the fall and winter. It works great with casual and dressier pieces, and paired with soft jersey pants will be heavenly on the weekends.
2. Ahh. Super nice sweats that can be dressed up or down. A trend I love. For my more casual work days these could be worn with a dressier top and heels.
3. A parka, especially with Native American print, seems to be the must have item for the fall. The neutral colors on this one from Zara will keep it classic for years to come.
4. The tie-waist on this leather skirt from Reiss takes a classic piece to a new fun place. I would wear this with a white tee and the parka tossed over in the early fall.
5. I love this flannel shirtdress from Madewell. Add tights and boots and you have the most comfortable look for casual brunches and shopping on Saturday.
6. Classic oxfords without the laces is the relaxed footwear look of the season. This pair from Madewell even has that already worn in look.
7. This blouse from French Connection has a blue and white print reminiscent of blue porcelain. I love wearing pieces that showcase an affinity for my interior design world.
8. Last but not least, a pair of slim cut boy jeans will work with everything and keep a fresh denim look in my rotation.
What is on your list this season?!