The room was so thoughtfully done. Every detail carefully considered. They even left our tot a treat, though I think I ate most of it. I guess we can call it even since he took my pillow. Honestly, we would move in if we could. It was that good.
Brass deer (pair) found at Broadmoor Antiques. Perfect philodendron plant and black ceramic pot found at J & M Garden in Chatham, NJ. Early 20th century walnut mirror with gold trim found at Bridge Street Antiques. Brass lanterns found last year at Anthropologie in Oakbrook, IL. Blue and white footed bowl with gold found at Anthropologie at the Short Hills Mall. Rug pillow found at Pasha in Lambertville. Vintage plates in cobalt blue and gold found at Bridge Street Antiques. Distressed silver vessels found at Anthropologie at the Short Hills Mall. Albemarle wallpaper by Cole and Sons newly installed in my foyer. Vintage stand rediscovered in basement, found many years ago at Center Stage Antiques. Wicker baskets with vinyl trim scouted for client mudroom at Crate and Barrel.
The New York Times T Magazine published a review of the new book by Rizzoli, Anouska Hempel, which showcases the style and range of the interior designer who took a winding path to the work, and who exhibits a range of styles. This image caught my eye as being utterly fantastic. Here are some pieces to consider if any of these design elements have you clamoring for a glamorous look that is both eclectic and modernist in bent.
1. Finding a great piece of vintage art is the best way to get this vibe.
2. Leave it to Anthropologie to be the only retailer to carry this vintage shade of gold on a sofa with the right lines.
3. The perfect pillows feature a tight pattern mimicking the look of a handwoven textile.
4. A very nice version of black marble cocktail table.
5. This wool and silk throw from Barneys is all luxe with that eclectic touch.
6. A Persian carpet gives any look a sense of depth, history, and color. Today there are many affordable options if you want to play with the look without making a big investment.