Okay, so most of these gifts would need to be shipped ANYWAY, but really, it is a good thing. They would never, and I do mean never ever, make it out of my house and into anyone else’s hands. When thinking of food gifts to recommend, I seriously conjured every favorite thing I had eaten in recent history that was giftable. I came across some new yummies along the way too. Order these for your friends, and have some shipped to you too. Enjoy!
1. Before you tell me that you had Vosges chocolates, like 5 years ago, stop and think. Have you really eaten any chocolates that were that good since? I haven’t. That’s because I’m a gal who loves exotic ingredients with her chocolates. Send the Exotic Truffle Collection to your friends, like me.
2. In the same vein, you can get your Cacao Aztec Dark Sipping Chocolate with a spice packet that will turn hot cocoa into an extraordinary experience.
3. My brother-in-law and his lovely wife gift us with Vanilla Bean Infused Maple Syrup every year. I truly do love it. The scent is heavenly and a spoonful over greek yogurt is the most delicious healthy snack I can think of.
4. I tasted this Bedell Cellars Sparkling Rose on my trip to the North Fork this September. Every wine there was great, but this one was very special. I love the uniqueness of a bubbly rose.
5. My sister-in-law Monika often has this Quince Paste on hand for making lovely tea sandwiches. So yummy, and always the biggest hit at the tea party.
6. If you cannot wait in line for an hour at Laduree on the UES like I did last year, these Classic Macarons from Dean and DeLuca are supposed to be excellent.
7. This summer I happened to find myself at the Farmer’s Market at Rittenhouse Square in Philly, where I met the lovely proprietor of Urbane Tea Company. Her Rooibos Turmeric Chai is so yummy that I can swap it out for my regular black tea chai.
8. Thank me now for letting you in on my little secret. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream was another happy random discovery, this time at the North Market in Columbus, OH four years ago. You actually may have heard of them because they are so good retailers in NYC and nationwide have picked them up recently. Unique flavors like Goat Cheese with Red Cherries and Salty Caramel have made Jeni’s absolutely unforgettable. Go big and get this Signature Collection for your ice cream fanatic.
9. People just do not eat cheese for breakfast often enough. I just discovered this Fig Chevre Breakfast Cheese on Taigan while looking for a retailer for my Quince Paste. I’ve gotta try this. I may also need to get the entire breakfast sampler with Coffee and Honey flavored breakfast cheese as well.
10. The Bread of the Month will allow your crust lovers to enjoy amazing loaves of Zingerman’s Bread for 6 months. Please send me a Chocolate Sourdough and Parmesan Pepper while you are at it!