Hi all! I spent all day putting up the tree and decorating. How about you? It seems to be the year of the owl as far as Christmas ornaments are concerned. Everyone seems to be carrying some version of our wise old friends. Here are three ways you could do owls for the holiday tree. Happy trimming!
Gifting is about giving a little bit of luxury to someone, either because you thought of the necessities for them, or because you gave them something they love but would never have thought about for themselves. These pieces fit both requirements and would light up my face with a smile this year.
1. This Plush Stole is so lovely and on trend. Animal friendly faux fur will be sure to please any woman of style on your list.
2. A great pair of sunglasses is a sure way to update your style for the new year. I love these Bronze Cat Sunglasses for the color and shape.
3. This chunky ring is a stylish piece that will become a daily staple for a gal who loves to layer up on her baubles.
4. Fishbone tights are what I will be looking for in my stocking this year. Classic grey looks good with everything and this work-with-anything pattern will update my winter look.
5. A new iPhone Case should become the new staple stocking stuffer. What other accessory gets so much wear? Gift someone with a fresh look for their top gadget this year. This star studded case has got my number.
6. I searched and searched for the perfect pair, and these elephant print PJ Salvage Pajamas are what I want to snuggle up in this winter.
7. Sometimes a great clutch can be something we forget to give ourselves. Present this lovely beaded Moyna bag to the gal who loves to head out for the evening. She will find it works with everything.
8. Speaking of handbags, this quilted shopper will work for the more casual moments. The stylish sidekick will never disappoint for errands and weekend shopping.
9. I’ve been lusting after these Burberry Prorsum Studded Gloves all season long. Even the woman who has everything will feel life is more stylish if she can head out with these babies on her hands.
10. A patterned umbrella is a great gift. Sure to be the appreciated in a sea of black canopies on a rainy day, the recipient of such a lovely gift will remember you with a smile.
Check in tomorrow for the next installment of our holiday gift guides for 2012!
Okay, so most of these gifts would need to be shipped ANYWAY, but really, it is a good thing. They would never, and I do mean never ever, make it out of my house and into anyone else’s hands. When thinking of food gifts to recommend, I seriously conjured every favorite thing I had eaten in recent history that was giftable. I came across some new yummies along the way too. Order these for your friends, and have some shipped to you too. Enjoy!
1. Before you tell me that you had Vosges chocolates, like 5 years ago, stop and think. Have you really eaten any chocolates that were that good since? I haven’t. That’s because I’m a gal who loves exotic ingredients with her chocolates. Send the Exotic Truffle Collection to your friends, like me.
2. In the same vein, you can get your Cacao Aztec Dark Sipping Chocolate with a spice packet that will turn hot cocoa into an extraordinary experience.
3. My brother-in-law and his lovely wife gift us with Vanilla Bean Infused Maple Syrup every year. I truly do love it. The scent is heavenly and a spoonful over greek yogurt is the most delicious healthy snack I can think of.
4. I tasted this Bedell Cellars Sparkling Rose on my trip to the North Fork this September. Every wine there was great, but this one was very special. I love the uniqueness of a bubbly rose.
5. My sister-in-law Monika often has this Quince Paste on hand for making lovely tea sandwiches. So yummy, and always the biggest hit at the tea party.
6. If you cannot wait in line for an hour at Laduree on the UES like I did last year, these Classic Macarons from Dean and DeLuca are supposed to be excellent.
7. This summer I happened to find myself at the Farmer’s Market at Rittenhouse Square in Philly, where I met the lovely proprietor of Urbane Tea Company. Her Rooibos Turmeric Chai is so yummy that I can swap it out for my regular black tea chai.
8. Thank me now for letting you in on my little secret. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream was another happy random discovery, this time at the North Market in Columbus, OH four years ago. You actually may have heard of them because they are so good retailers in NYC and nationwide have picked them up recently. Unique flavors like Goat Cheese with Red Cherries and Salty Caramel have made Jeni’s absolutely unforgettable. Go big and get this Signature Collection for your ice cream fanatic.
9. People just do not eat cheese for breakfast often enough. I just discovered this Fig Chevre Breakfast Cheese on Taigan while looking for a retailer for my Quince Paste. I’ve gotta try this. I may also need to get the entire breakfast sampler with Coffee and Honey flavored breakfast cheese as well.
10. The Bread of the Month will allow your crust lovers to enjoy amazing loaves of Zingerman’s Bread for 6 months. Please send me a Chocolate Sourdough and Parmesan Pepper while you are at it!
For the second installment of the Gift Guide, here are some gifts I know my husband would love. Some of them even have the added benefit of doubling as gifts for me too! A great gift guide for men for the 2012 holiday.
1. Okay, so I really want to get this Gucci watch for Michael even though it is not in the budget. The design details are just so perfect. If you want a more affordable option, I’m considering this one.
2. This neat gadget, the Fitbit Zip, syncs with your iphone to keep track of your steps and so much more. A good way to give the gift of health to your honey.
3. This rugged leather bag by Frye is a beauty. It would really suit Michael’s no fuss style, and fit all that stuff he carries for the daily commute.
4. Bond movies are something Michael and I can both agree on and enjoy watching together. This book is authored by Roger Moore himself with never before seen pics from his personal collection. Aadi wants to get this one for Papa.
5. It’s not the beer here, but the unique set of glasses. This one helps me because I want smaller glasses for my place setting, but I have to have something for Michael to pour his pints into.
6. Okay, this one is kind of for me too. We’ve both always wanted to play electric guitar. This one plugs into all your Apple gadgets and works with the Garage Band app.
7. Whisk you away on a trip to Istanbul? Sure, why not. This is next on my list of must see places and Michael loves a great city destination with history to explore.
8. My husband actually cooks most of the time. This compendium of food facts will be the perfect gift for his exacting culinary style.
9. He rarely needs to wear a tie, but I do want to share my love of all things Burberry, right?
10. These cashmere socks are so cool, cozy, and luxurious. Did I mention I love to borrow Michael’s socks?!
Last week Zara Home launched its webstore in the US. I found many a pretty thing there. I am so happy to have a new, affordable resource to turn to when adding finishing touches to clients spaces! I do have to say that I had never shopped Zara clothing online either. I was totally tickled at the selection there as well. I put together 10 great finds for wardrobe and home for you to enjoy! Which do you love best?